Hey friends! I hope your weekend was great! Did you start feeling Fall in the air? We definitely did! Cross Country Season is underway and that signifies Fall in our house. But I'm not here to talk about Fall today, I am here to talk about personal products. As we all probably do, I have certain things that I use and rely on daily, and I feel like I just have to have them at all times. Last week, I couldn't find my tweezers, and I was frantically looking for them. Thankfully I found them, but I remember repeatedly saying to my daughter that I cannot live without tweezers, and the idea for this post was born. I have several favorite items that I can't live without, and I thought it would be fun to share them with you here today! So these are the 10 personal care items that I just can't live without!
1. Microfiber Hair Towel- I have only one of these microfiber hair towels, but it is by far my favorite thing to towel dry my hair with when I wash my hair. When it is dirty, I'm not happy. And I have often thought I need to have at least 3-4 of these instead of one. Because there is just nothing better! I want to clarify here that the towel I love is not shaped like a turban. It is shaped like a rectangle, like regular towels. I actually did purchase one of the turbans, and I don't like it nearly as much, as a matter of fact, I don't use it at all because it just isn't the same as a regular shaped towel in my opinion. I do wrap mine into a turban after I towel dry it, but I just like the traditional shape better.
2. Lip Balm- I am admittedly one of those people who uses lip balm several times per day. I hate the feeling of dry lips, and I keep lip balm in my bathroom drawer, in my purse, at work, at my desk at home, and in my car. I never want to be without it! Over the years I have used several, but I think this Burt's Bees in pink grapefruit is my go to favorite. I love the way it feels on my lips, and the smell is so refreshing! And the fact that it is 100% natural is an added bonus!
3. Spinning Brush- I believe I have talked about this Spinning brush on the blog before, but it is totally worth mentioning again, and I wouldn't want to write this post without including it. This was a Christmas gift from LC last year, and I use it daily! I love the fact that you can easily change out the brushes, and there is a pumice stone and a body brush as well. Also, so far, I have never had to change the batteries, which is unbelievable to me since I use it so much!
4. Tweezers- I mentioned above my love for tweezers. If I had to be stranded on a desert island and I could only bring one item, I am pretty sure it would be tweezers. I am not going to go into details about all of the things I tweeze (too much information), but suffice to say that I used them religiously and can't live without them. And although I don't own the set I have pictured below, I have ordered them because I love the fact that each pair has a different tip. This tweezer obsessed mama, needs these!
5. Tinted Lip Balm- As I talked about above, I love lip balm, and I wanted to also include this particular lip balm because it is tinted. This is the one I keep in my purse because I just think it looks better on my lips than the clear one. So while I love the pink grapefruit at home, I love this one just as much to give me a hint of color. It helps me look less dead, haha!
6. Micellar water- This stuff is a recent love of mine, have you tried it yet? My daughter actually turned me onto this stuff. The micelle molecules in this cleansing water cluster together to lift dirt, oil, makeup and impurities on contact. It never ceases to amaze me, when I use this on my skin after cleansing, how much makeup this still removes from my face! But y favorite use for micellar water is as an eye makeup remover. It does not leave behind a greasy film, and it easily removes ever waterproof makeup. I am hooked on this stuff for sure!
7. Dry Shampoo- I am not the person who washes me hair daily, and I never have been. I wash it around three times per week, and I am a big fan of using dry shampoo in between washes. This Batiste dry shampoo is my favorite of all of the kinds I have tried. And here is a little trick I have recently been doing with my dry shampoo. I apply it right before bed and don't brush it out until morning. It seems to work better for me this way.
8. Cotton rounds- These are one of those things that I try to never run out of. And when I do run out of them, I am not happy without them. They are superb for removing eye makeup, and I also use them to remove nail polish, and to use the micellar water on my face. I go through these things like wildfire, and so does my daughter.
9. No slip grip ponytail holders- I wear my hair up at least half of the time, and I will not use any other ponytail holders than these ones. Sometimes they are hard to find, so it is great that I can order them on Amazon. These things hold my hair so much better than anything else. They really do not slip, I promise you! I love, love, love these things! And I have very thick hair. I think my hair is deceiving, it doesn't look thick to the naked eye, but every hair stylist I have ever had has commented at how thick it is. So these work great on thick hair!
10. Advanced Face Serum- I have tried so many serums I have lost count, but for the past year and a half or so, I have stayed true to this face serum. I actually discovered it because the brand contacted me and wanted to send me a free bottle to try in exchange for writing a review on the blog. But I truly fell in love with it, and I no longer want to try anything else. This serum is natural and organic, it is moisturizing, it has no fillers, preservatives or allergens, it is safe for all skin types, it is anti-aging, it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. And it is also only $14.95, how can you ask for more? I love the way this stuff feels when I apply it, and I love the way it makes my skin look. I am almost out right now, and I need to order another bottle, pronto!
And there you have it! When it comes to personal care, there are many more items that I use daily, but I have to say, these are the products that I absolutely love and don't want to live without. Do you have any personal items that you can't live without? I would love to know what they are in the comments below! I am kind of a product junkie, and maybe you know of something you think I will love! What do you think of my list- any similarities or differences between us? I hope I shared something today that maybe you haven't tried before, but now want to try! I hope you guys have a fantastic week ahead!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and purchase an item, I will receive a small percentage of commission. By clicking the link, you are NOT paying any more than you ordinarily would, and you are helping support me in keeping this blog up and running.
Do you have champagne taste and a tiny budget like me? Love fashion, DIY, crafting, all things vintage and thrifty? Stick with me, I've got you covered!
Sign up to
get my posts delivered to your inbox here
get my posts delivered to your inbox here
Follow me here:
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Google + / Stumbleupon
This is where I party: