Hey friends! I'm back from a little blogging break that I took over my Spring Break. Before the break, I had been running myself ragged, and it felt really good to unplug for a bit, and just be. I am feeling refreshed, and I am so excited today to share my Spring Fashion post with you! Consider this post your one stop shop for Spring Fashion! I have scoured the interwebs and come up with 20 of my favorite Spring fashion trends, and I am madly in love with them! And good news, some of them are probably already hanging in your closet! It's not always about buying a whole new wardrobe, at least not in my book. It's about reworking things you already have and buying key items each season to refresh your closet and your style!
So here is how this post works; I have created a collage that show each one of the 20 trends with examples of how you can wear each of them, and then directly below the collage I have created a widget that has clickable links so that you can take a look and/or purchase any of the said items you want! Each widget has a small arrow to the far right of the screen, and you can click it to scroll through to more of the items I have selected for your shopping pleasure. I tried to come up with a good variety of price ranges to suit people who have different shopping budgets. I hope you will enjoy this post today and be inspired to refresh your wardrobe! I know after writing this post, I am itching to go Spring shopping!
2. Ballet Flats I loved ballet flats back in the 90's and baby, they are back! All good trends eventually come back around. And I love the modern take on them- some of them have the cutest lace up detail, I have to have a pair!
3. Billowy Sleeves I have been seeing lots of these cute tops with billowy sleeves (is that even a word?) Who really cares, because these tops are totally adorable!
4. Denim Jackets I mean honestly, did the denim jacket ever go out of style? Maybe for 5 minutes, but I think it is a classic item that is a must have for every woman's closet, so I decided to add it to my list this Spring. I have 3-4 different ones, and I wear them constantly!
5. Straw Fedora When perusing the internet to write this post, I fell in love with the straw fedora, and I am thinking I need one for our upcoming vacation.
6. Flare Jeans These were also on my list for Fall, and I am still loving them for Spring, maybe even more! I think this shape and fit is more flattering to more people than the skinny jean, so every woman in America needs to breathe a collective sigh of relief and go buy a pair!
7. Floral Tops I think floral tops might be my favorite of all of these trends for Spring. I don't yet have the perfect one, but I am jealous of every single woman I have seen wearing one. So you can bet a great floral top is at the top of my shopping list, and it's probably going to be one of the ones I have listed in the shopping widget below.
8. Gingham Gingham was on my must have Spring shopping list last year too, but it is still going strong, and shows no signs of fading away any time soon. And I am just as in love with it as I was last year.
9. Layered Necklaces I love this look! So delicate and dainty, and those two words mean virtually the same thing, but I like saying them. And those delicate and dainty necklaces right in the middle of the collage below? I die!
10. Midi Skirts This is another trend that has come back around. This skirt is all about the length, not the shape. It's not too short and it's not too long. It's below the knee, but not long enough to be a maxi skirt (although I still love my maxi skirts and wore one just today). It is perfectly ladylike, and perfect for a woman of a certain age, like myself! and that denim one from Free People in the shopping widget below- super cute!
11. Pastels This one isn't necessarily about the clothing item itself, but the color of said clothing item. I am seeing pastels everywhere I look, and I need some of them in my life, pronto! And so do you! From baby blue to soft pink to mint green, I am swooning over all of them!
12. The Basic Tee This is almost a given for every wardrobe, but I decided to include it just because someone might really need to read this. You need a few good basic tees in your wardrobe, preferably in white, grey, and black. They are great on their own, or used for layering, which I love to do. I am also going to go out on a limb and suggest that you grab one or two graphic T shirts as well. I really love them, and I think they are just as good to throw on with mostly anything! I have always been attracted to graphic T shirts, for my whole life, so I think they are here to stay!
13. The Slip Dress This trend has also come back around. And I just think it is dainty, pretty, and perfect. I won't be purchasing a form fitting one, I can say that, but I just might have to get myself one that is more loose fitting, and I have a feeling this is something a husband or boyfriend would really like!
14. Sunnies Has there ever been a time that a woman has not gotten use out of a great pair of sunglasses? The dark ages, maybe? I love them, can't live without them, and just ordered two pairs of them. I ordered one pair of reader sunglasses, because I won't be able to read while I'm lounging at the pool this year without them (attention all women under 40: it WILL happen to you too!), and the other pair because they are heart shaped, a great price, and I had to have them! I have linked to both of the pairs I bought in the shopping widget below.
15. Sneakers This is another item that I feel has been trending for a couple of seasons now, and I am still gaga over them, maybe even more so this Spring! I just bought a new pair that I am obsessed with, and you can get them too if you like them, because they are the black Adidas in the shopping widget below- the first ones listed with the purple trim. Love them!
16. A Statement Handbag Can I just ask one question? Why does a great handbag have to be so darn expensive? I am not one to change out my handbag with outfits. I usually purchase a new one every other season or so. For example, I never bought a new one last Spring or Summer, so this year I will probably buy a new one for Spring. I haven't decided on one yet, but I have linked to some great ones below! Any favorites?
17. Classic Trench Coat This is another item that just never seems to get old or go out of style. And lucky for me, I don't need to purchase one because I already have 3- 4 of them! I bought a red one a couple of years ago, and a friend gave me three gorgeous trench coats that still had the tags on them recently; one in grey, one in khaki, and one in maroon. So this girl is good to go!
18. White Jeans Also on my list last Spring, I am still seeing white jeans EVERYWHERE! And I am still infatuated with them. I bought a new pair last Spring- ankle ones, and I have a flared pair too, so I think I am good to go! I also took an older pair of white jeans I had last summer and cut off the hems at the bottoms to make them frayed, and I put some holes near the knees to distress them too.
19. Wedge Sandals At my ripe old age, it is getting uncomfortable for me to wear some high heels, but not wedges. So I am in love with wedges because they look sexy, but you can still walk around in them without them killing your feet. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the stiletto, and will probably never wear them again unless it is a special occasion. But the wedge? Now that is a shoe I can get behind!
20. Denim Shorts Another classic American style makes my top 20! I have loved denim shorts for practically my whole life, and I am particularly in love with all three of the pairs pictured in the collage below. They just look so comfy and casual, and so something I would want to pull out of my closet every single day.
Wow! Can I just say that I am loving these trends for Spring? What say you? Do you see anything that you just have to have, is there something you're not so sure about? More so, what are you in love with for Spring? I am dying to know, so please dish in the comments! I read and respond to every one! I have Spring shopping money burning a hole in my bank account as I type this. So I am planning a shopping trip, and I promise to show you what I buy! I hope you found inspiration here today! I did not link back to anything that I don't love myself, and I would wear just about all of it. I tried to keep it appropriate for women of a similar age range to me, but most of these items will work for women of all ages. Any questions? Ask away in the comments! Have a wonderful Thursday!
Oh, and I almost forgot! I have created an awesome Pinterest Board with even more Spring Style inspiration, so feel free to hop on over and follow it! I will add more things to it for the remainder of Spring.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you click on them and purchase an item, I will receive a small percentage of commission. By clicking the link, you are NOT paying any more than you ordinarily would.
Do you have champagne taste and a tiny budget like me? Love fashion, DIY, crafting, all things vintage and thrifty? Stick with me, I've got you covered!
Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here
Follow me here:
This is where I party: